Scalping the white man

concert ticket is also trademark and copyright protected.  It is illegal to
buy out all stores of a certain CD then go outside and sell it for more than
you paid for it.

Kevin Mc:

Actually, that's not illegal at all. Where did you get that idea?

> far-fetched, and would allow the FBI to assist local law enforcement in
> reducing the incidences of it.

Yeah, those rapists and murders and terrorists and cocaine users who would be
Presidents can wait.

> There is much potential for this tour, and no guarantee that this tour set
> list will be the same as the RAH shows, which I do not consider part of the
> same "tour".

Kevin:

Don't know about that, but I'm guessing from the Quad tour after the remixed
Quad was released and the WN tour after the Lifehouse boxed set was released
gives me reason to believe we'll get some MG songs this time.

> An autobiography??

Maybe. It's Science Fiction.

> They're taking away the chance for me to buy a ticket at the offered price.

So we should be able to get a vehicle for the dealer's cost? So we should be
able to get a house for the builder's cost? Hey, man, we're in a capitalist
country. It doesn't always work right, like Enron, but it still works. You
don't have to play the game and buy the ticket...supply and demand. See,
that's demand-side economics, the only kind that actually works (someone
shoulda told that genius Bush).

> free-market price setting, then they (the brokers) are also taking away
> profit from The Who or Ticket Bastard.

Not really. They've already sold the ticket (to the brokers). And tell me
what the difference is between a scalper and a broker, or a scalper or
Ticketmaster? It's only a matter of degree. You want the ticket for the venue
price. Then you have to get there when they go on sale. You buy it online,
you'll pay more. You don't buy them when they're offered and have to use a
scalper, then you'll pay more...for the service. You have as much of a chance
to buy the ticket as they do. You can't bitch if someone beats you to it.
That's like saying: Kevin Mc shouldn't get a ticket, because I didn't! If you
really want to make it possible for more people to go to concerts, then try
to persuade people not to tour with the band and just see them once. After
all, for every ticket Bjorn might have bought, someone else didn't get to go!

> The broker get's something for nothin'.

He/she provides a service. He/she invests money to get the tickets in hopes
he/she can sell them for a profit. They might not sell...I remember the
second night of MSG in 1996 there were scalpers selling tickets below the
ticket price. It can work either way. They are taking a risk.

> If not, then why doesn't TM simply jack up the cost of tickets to what the
> "market" will bear, and get rid of these brokers?

They think they have. That's why they're $500 in LA.

What gives them the right?

Freedom. You want to live in a country where freedom is a memory? Vote for
Bush in 2004. I'm sure he'll get around to making scalping illegal. Unless
it's a corporation, that is.

> Competition is great, and I'm *all* for it.

Then you have to take the bad with the good. Some people feed their families
doing this. Want to support them on Welfare? Or should we be happy they've
found a way to earn a living and not live on government support?

> Yeah, I bet Kevin Mc *could* charge admit.

Hey...maybe that's how he plans to finance his tour!

    "They have miscalculated me as a leader."
             George "Mr. Salty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML