Re: JEB Controversy and a new Who album

material to debut.  Also, I'd guess they wouldn't want to announce that an
album is coming out by a certain date until they've actually got it in hand.

Keets:

A Who album IS coming out, I know that for a fact. But it's not a new one;
it's My Generation remixed, and it's coming out in May. And if you think
they're going to put out ANOTHER album anytime close to that release, you're
fooling yourself.
I just hope it means some MG material live...how great would it be to hear
La-La-La-Lies or The Good's Gone or maybe even It's Not True? John threw in
some Ox riffs in 2000.

> Well, I like JAE's catalog and *I* think it's good :-). A lot of people
> thought his first solo album was a Who album (Smash Your Head Against The
> Wall).

Bjorn:

Yes, yes...the first two are the best, with Whistle Rhymes being the better
of the two. But once again having bought Smash Your Head when it came out (on
8-Track, no less), and being a complete Who fan at the time, I don't remember
a whisper from anyone thinking it was a Who album.

> I once read Roger saying a new album could be expected in May 2001! :-)

And we already know the name of it, don't we?

> for a few silly lines in TKAA. I could write in 5 mins, much more powerful
> lyrics than the shit they sang onstage. Not that I didn't like it, but
> please...

Billy:

And, to strengthen your argument, Townshend has been ab libbing lyrics for
some time. Some get permanently integrated and even expanded on, like the
ones in The Kids Are Alright. You can hear the evolution from the Bridge
School concert to Albert Hall.
But I still think it's possible there'll be complete new songs on this tour
(two, tops) and a new album could be out by Spring 2003. Not earlier than
that, though.

    "They have miscalculated me as a leader."
             George "Mr. Salty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML