howard stern

In a message dated 02/17/2002 5:04:27 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> This reminded me:  Did anyone catch Howard Stern last Friday?
> The whole gang was making fun of Stuttering John about his some-
> times odd pronunciation of certain words (not having to do with
> his stuttering - just his intelligence).
>
> He wasn't pronouncing the word "sequin" correctly & everone was
> having a good laugh when Baba Booey ran in & said, "Here's another
> example.  The Who has always been one of John's favorite groups,
> right?  Well, a few years back John asked me if I had heard the new
> Pete Town-shend album (pronouncing the "sh" in Townshend like the
> "sh" in "show.)"
>
> Suttering John's excuse was that he thought that's how it was pronounc-
> ed in Britain.

GOD!!!!!! I MISS HOWARD STERN!!  Stern was the #1 show in new orleans while i
was in college and my first 3 yrs teaching and it was so great to wake up to
that and keep up with the gang.  When i go to LA and the northeast for who
shows i will thoroughly enjoy listening to him.  his station changed format
and no one else picked him up because he's too expensive, i guess.  I'll
never forget stuttering john talking about a "mute" point, rather than moot
point.  is jackie back on the show?  is howard back together w/allison or
still separated?

kevin mc