Re: Pete's marble in the throat comment

Lela, re

> > On the other hand, Pete cares very much what people think--that's
> > what the whole Who thing is about.  For years he's watched himself
> > perform, self-conscious about what the audience is thinking.  He
> > gets in a terrible lather about critical reviews.

Exactly. Critical reviews. My opinion is that - as I said before -he may
care what his *peers" and fellow artistes say but he doesn't give a toss
about people in general.

> > I think Pete does seek out what fans really think, as well. He made
> > some comments after the first shows of last tour that indicated he
> > was looking for realistic and critical comments, rather than
> > complete, glowing adoration.

No, I still think you are confusing *peer* and critical approval with
fans.

I do agree with your comments

> > On the one hand, talented artists can't be successful if they really
> > give a damn what anybody thinks.  If they have an artistic vision,
> > then they have to follow it--or else lose it.  They have to have a
> > certain disregard for any obstacles to success.

but not with your opinion on how he views "ordinary people". Other than
vote with our money, we provide nothing for Pete that the yes men and
more importantly, his peers and fellow artistes can do.

Again, it's an opinion, and if Pete were to de lurk and say "hey guys,
give me a break, I love you all" I might change my mind:-)

Cheers,

John