Re: RAH 2nd night

I suppose I can't really add much to what's been said already about Friday
night, all I can do is agree about how amazing it was!  Unfortunately I was
all the way up in a circle, but that didn't spoil the fact it was just so
brilliant!  Actually, it was kind of nice to look down on them, and watch
them as a whole, and I had a lot of fun concentrating on Pete.  Those people
he fell on must have been the luckiest people there!  Though did someone say
he injured someone?  Hope they're alright, though it'll be a good story to
tell your friends - 'what happened to you?', 'Pete Townshend fell on me'!

Great to hear Sparks and Young Man Blues live.  Though there wasn't a lot of
banter, and it was hard to hear anything they did say, as it was a bit
muffled.  All I caught was John mentioning that his family was in the Queens
box, and also Pete saying how he forgot the words to Drowned the night
before.  What did they say exactly?

The Who had better tour Britain later this year, I want more!

I stuck around outside afterwards, and ended up meeting Bill Wyman who'd
been in the audience.  My lovely family wouldn't stop complaining about the
amount of time they'd been waiting around, so to avoid a big war, I had to
go, so I went round the front of the building and took a photo of Johns car,
and just after that, Roger appeared!  I got a bit excited and ran up to him
and couldn't think of anything more interesting to say than asking nicely
for an autograph, but he must have been in a rush, or couldn't be bothered
or something, and he said 'I'm sorry love, I can't', and off he went in his
car, thanking the person who passed the flowers on the stage, which was
nice.

What a great end to a great night!

BTW, I seem to remember someone here saying they'd be there in a MSG t-shirt
and a suede jacket, and I saw someone matching that description before the
show a couple of tables away from me in a place called Garfunkels.

from a very happy Christine