Re: tixs prices

> > well, according to what people have been saying on here, SFX isn't
> > involved with this tour.

>They must be.  They own/manage a bunch of arenas.  Including, the North
>Jersey Venue....used to be called PNC Bank Art Center.

The difference is in what kind of deal The Who have made.  Last time, they
apparently made a deal to let SFX handle arrangements in return for money up
front.  I don't know what all it included, but likely SFX did the publicity,
advanced $$ to rent the venues, priced the tix, ran the VIP program, etc.,
etc., and in return TED had to play the shows and draw a big enough crowd to
cover SFX's costs and profit margin, and also their advance (so they didn't
have to give any of it back).

The advantages to doing this are that they got money up front (to pay John's
tax bill), and that SFX has the resources for good promotion.  The
disadvantages look to be a sort of slavery--they were working for somebody
else.  If they disagreed with the way SFX handled things, then too bad.
Plus, I'm sure it was expensive.  SFX wouldn't be trying to corner the
market unless there was a big payoff.

So this time, it looks like TED are going to try it on their own.  We've yet
to see if the tour is sponsored, but maybe not.  Maybe they made enough
money from the last tour to finance this one up front.  I think we can
expect less in the way of publicity, though.

I hope they get a website up soon.  There's going to be a vacuum where
Pete's site was.  It seemed like the radio DJs in this area checked it
regularly, read the news and diary sections and etc.  Since Pete still has
the space and Matt to maintain it, maybe he'll at least put up an
announcement about the tour.

keets