Mrs. Idiot/Uh-Oh/The Who in Afghanastan?

>Mrs. Idiot

>(Melanie House)

Funniest damn thing I've read in a long time!  Glad to hear that Jeff made
it though.

Keets:

>Are you suggesting that all the women should stay home?

Uh-oh.  Keets my good lady, are you baiting me?  ;-)  No, nothing of the
sort.  It's my profound belief that whether you are a man, woman, or Guy the
Gorilla, if you do the job you should get paid for it and you should be
respected for doing the job.  All I was saying is, there is perhaps a very
real parallel between kiddies abominable behavior and the lack of a mommy in
the house.  Don't let sexual politics cloud what I'm saying here; I'm
speaking as objectively as I can.  I think women have it rather wonderful
these days don't you?  Lots of choices if you're a female more so now than
ever before - be a mother, a professional or both.  And good for them.  But,
there's a certain bond between mothers and children that men will never
understand because we can't feel it; mothers have some kind of spiritual
bond that I think comes from carrying the infant in the womb.  I've heard of
it referred to mostly as, "the Motherly Instinct".  If Mom's a professional,
then no matter how you cut, dice and slice it, the kids are missing out on
something that was in the home before the sexual revolution began; when
Mommy was there all day with the kids.  Think about it, that element is now
gone for many, many households, regardless of the politics.  Whether it's
right or wrong for women to be more professional, it doesn't matter, but you
can't deny the absence of the motherly connection.  It may even still be
there for most, but it's not as prevelant as before.  Before the sexual
revolution, the connection was there 24 hrs a day.  Now, a tired Mom might
be home for only a couple/few hours before the kids are off to bed.
Something's missing there.  Luckily for me, my wife agrees with me on this
one and it's both our belief that a mother's influence on a child is much
stronger than the father's.  Although that's not saying that father's don't
have any influence because they do.  They just don't have that unseen,
mystical bond between mother and child.  She's currently arranging her job
now so she can permanently work from home when we do start having kids.  If
she can't, then dammit I will be an at home mutha.  One way or another, we
both believe that at least ONE parent should be home, preferrably the
mother.  We've taken society's current situation as an example of how NOT to
raise kids.  But that's our preference and I'm sure other's here think I'm
full of dog dung.

>What

>would happen to the US economy now if all the women left their jobs?

You're not gonna like this.  What would happen is this:  Kids would have a
better family identity and all the men who were displaced by the women after
the sexual revolution would get help to cure their alcoholism and
mysoginistic tendencies.  Then they would return to work and we'd be back to
the carefree 1950s again!  I don't know.  IF the theory of mother's absence
leading to kids' negative behavior is correct:  Screw the economy - healtier
family life is more important.

>There was some polling that went on after a

>well-known ex-president expressed that view.

Funny you should say that.  The kids at my niece's school all cited Little
Willy Clinton as influencing their belief that oral sex wasn't sex.  Thanks
Little Willie, your country is in your debt for your Kennedy-esque self
indulgence.

>BTW, I think it's Libertarians rather than Liberals that you're concerned

>about politically.

Honestly, I have absolutely NO political affiliations.  They all suck.  I
think they are all self serving, corrupt, and have hidden agendas.  Even if
they aren't snakes, they are ineffective because the real snakes on Capitol
hill crush everything that doesn't serve their respective party.  I haven't
had any faith in this country's politicians since I grew up (I grew up
during Watergate) and I believe that Abe Lincoln may have been the last
president with any integrity.  Carter notwithstanding; he was a good guy.
Horrible politician, which is why I like him, but an honest man.
Personally, I think the US needs desperately to move away from this two
party system.  Realistically, the Libertarians aren't anywhere near as
powerful as the Dems and Reps so they don't really count all that much.  The
Big Two have such a foothold that it would take Blackhawk missles to dig
them out.  And they are burying our country as a result.  This country used
to have quite a few parties, but the Dems/Reps survived because of "party
unity" - which translates to: screwing anyone who isn't one of us.  Scrap
them all I say, and let's get real people to govern instead of slimy
politicians.  Politicians rank up there with used car salesman and lawyers.
Can't trust 'em any more than you could throw them.  Meet the new boss; same
as the old boss.

And now for something completely different.  A Who related topic!

I saw an article in Newsweek, I believe.  It was about the new regime in
Afghanastan entitled:  Meet the New Boss; Same as the Old Boss.  I wonder if
the author ever heard of The Who?

Least favorite Who tunes:  YBYB (total agreement to the "pop" statements
already made), See My Way (Rog, I hope your new songs are better than
that!), Heatwave (how did THAT get on record?), Squeeze Box (just got tired
of it), Twist and Shout from Max R&B (you mean you left Put the Money Down
off MaxR&B for this???), and I am the Sea (skip the sound effects - give me
The Who!).

I hope those of you going to the shows have a rockin' time.  I'm living
vicariously now...

Peace,

Jim in Colo Springs

"There's a guitar up here for any little git who wants to come and fuckin'
take it from me."  PT