Re: Who songs I don't like

At 13:59 4-2-02 -0500, Jeff wrote:
>Since we seem to be looking for something to discuss, how about this old
>topic?
>
>I dislike "You Better You Bet" (great time to go to take a pee break
>during a show).  It's just too damn pop.
>I've always disliked "I'm a Boy" - same reason.

You Better You Bet
Roger is awesome on that one. I always liked the lyrics of the last 2
albums. But all the songs where too much "Pete" (of that era). I like it
especially where Roger goes up on his "neonlight" line. :-) And Pete
getting aggressive on his vocals (you better you better you BEE-EEEEEET!).

I'm A Boy
OK, maybe too damn pop, but I like it. Can't help it, it's Keith's
drumming. One of the songs where it's like Pete is building up to
something, but he's building up to a fun pop melody instead of raw
aggression (like in Quadrophenia).