RE: The Who - Touring SFX

>Hi,  I've seen posting regards SFX.  All I've got to say about SFX and the
>whole concept of a company like them is that IT SUCKS.  At the moment SFX
>are steadily "buying up" loads of elements of the music industry - the
>venues that put on the acts; the promoters that would use those venues; the
>agents that would sell the promoters the acts

Whoa.  I had no idea they had that kind of reach.  It sounds like they're
trying for control of the whole pie.

>So, if The Who are going "alone" they need OUR support.  Trinifold and Co
>have been around a long, long time and believe me they do KNOW what they're
>doing.

And also TED didn't like working for SFX last tour?  It's hard to tell who
comes up with what, but there's a great strategist in there somewhere.  With
competitive bidding, the price comes down and the profits go up.  Of course,
there's more work to do for The Who's organization, as they don't have the
SFX promotional machine.

Interesting quote from Roger at the Watford show.  Are they on a campaign to
clean up rock?

keets