Re: teens and the Who

In article <009701c1ab65$c699cf60$368e87d9@pbncomputer>,
    "Christine" <CEHolmes@home4017.freeserve.co.uk>  writes:

> > I started listening to the Who when I was about 15 or 16. It CAN be done.
> > Oh yee of little faith...
>
> Oh it can, not too often, but it can indeed be done.  I got into the Who at
> 16 (I'm 20 now) [...]

Look guys, to me this is a very old subject.

I got into the Who at around the tender age of 13.

That was in 1978.

Even back then I would catch shit for it!  According to groupthink, I was
supposed to like bands like Boston, Styx, REO Speedwagon, etc.

For better or worse, the things I've liked have -never- been
tremendously popular.  Which is fine by me because the "popular" music
has always been crap as far as I was concerned.

Being an individual has always been hard because the "masses" value
conformity and not individuality.  Today's pressure to conform,
whether it be in musical tastes, clothing fashion, or what have you, is
no different from the pressure to conform that has always existed in
"group think".

Don't give in to "group think" -- be an individual and express
yourself, others' opinions be damned.  The rewards are much richer for
having done so.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!