[no subject]

To those about to rock, we salute you
Tribute Bands Love Living the Dream
By Dan Pearson

...Bill Goulet, 35, guitarist for the New Haven-based
Who tribute band called Odds and Sods, saw The Who for
the first time in 1982 at Shea Stadium. It changed his
life. For years, Goulet played in touring blues bands.
Then he decided he wanted to pay tribute to his
heroes. He already knew all The Who songs by heart and
owned many of the same instruments used by guitarist
Pete Townshend, including Gibson and Schecter guitars
and Hi-Watt amps.

But he had never tried to perform Townshend's
trademark windmill, in which Townshend extends his
hand above his head and then swings it in a circular
motion to the guitar strings.

Townshend goes bonkers on stage, but I never played
like that, so the first thing I had to do was to get
in shape, says Goulet. The first few times I tried
the windmill, I ended up with lots of bruises and
cuts. My hands were swollen and bleeding. But
eventually, I got it.

Odds and Sods replicate different eras of the band.
Goulet wears a Union Jack blazer and then switches to
a white jumpsuit....

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!