Next Who Video

Hey,

Just saw Santana's latest video with the lovely girl playing
guitar and singing.  I'm not hip enough to know her name,
and it's late enough to cause me to forget it.

Anyway, I was thinking about Santana hooking up with young
and hip musicians to add spice and mass appeal to his
songs and videos.

I'm not suggesting that The Who look beyond their 2002
line-up for the music part, but I thought it would be cool
and appropriate if in the video they show The Who playing
in a park setting (ground level) with a pond or something
in the background (like one of their early stuff from "Who's
Better Who's Best").   As they're playing their hit number
and jamming away, they are visited by a parade of all the
musicians that they have influenced as cameos.   They just
stroll by, some bow, others make eye contact with Pete
and Roger.   There is a vacated mic stand and a buzzard
bass leaning against it, but the strings are actually moving
by themselves.   The drum kit is ablaze with sticks slapping
the skins and cymbals crashing but there is no drummer.
Okay towards the end of the song Pino and Zack show up
but you get the point.

Thoughts?   Adulation!   Criticism?

In the credits I'm listed as Creative Consultant and Special Assistant
to Mr. Townshend.   That's Lewinski with an "i" at the end.

Joe in Philly