Re: The Who (and company) at the Crossroads

----- Original Message -----
From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>
To: <thewho@igtc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 8:55 PM
Subject: The Who (and company) at the Crossroads

> >From: "Schrade, Scott"
> >Subject: The Who at the Crossroads
> >> And then in '69 with Tommy at Woodstock things for The Who
> exploded.
> >
> >Cuz Kev,
>
> Here!
>
> >are you one who believes that if TOMMY had been a failure
> >The Who would've broken up shortly afterwards?  Or do you think they
> >could've overcome that?  I kinda think they would've broken up (i.e.
> >given up).  Anyone?
>
> I don't know that they would have broken up.  I think once ICE broke and
> Roger was pulled back into the fray, they knew they were onto something
> worth riding for as long as the ride lasted.
> Had Tommy flopped, however, Pete's mental state would have crashed.
Roger's
> confidence would have never been lifted.
> So, you may be right.
> Tommy was definitely the key.  Hell, Pinball Wizard in the Macey's TG-day
> parade!!!!  Now *that's* influence.
>
> I'm just wondering what the hell Pete is up to.
> These long silences can be nerve racking!
> Somehow (now that you've mixed Doors and Who) I keep hearing the
> lines.."This is the end...."
>
> And, WHERE THE HELL IS KEETS?????
> She's been taking a pounding by a couple shmucks on O&S lately.
> That always pisses me off.  Busting on good people like that.
> Keets has always had one of the most...umm....."dot connecting" minds in
> Who-ville.  Always-great ideas, theories, and conclusions from all the
stuff
> she absorbs.  And when you meet her, she's absolutely charming (not that
> she's not charming on list).
>
> Maybe if we all chant together, she'll come out of her
> post-tour-wondering-what-the-future-holds funk.
>
> We want Keets.
> We want Keets.
>
> <louder!>
>
> We Want KEETS.
> We WANT KEETS.
> WE WANT KEETS.
>
> <everyone!>
>
> WE WANT KEETS!!!!
>
> Kevin in VT
Tommy is  another name of the Who and that`s how I got to know
them!!!!!!!!!If not for Tommy (who`s so much fun being blind (?), deaf(?)
and dumb(?)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)...  than perhaps the road would lead me to
"indians scattered...." and on and on again and again thru the same Doors...
occasionally turning back to the Beatles and the outrageous flute of
Tull... NO! YES! THANX GOD TOMMY WAS A SUCCESS - could it have been any
other way?......
Helen.
P.S. >>>WHO`S KEETS
WHO`S KEETS