Roger Interview is Sweet?? Because

	>From: Joe Lewinski
	>Subject: Re: Roger Interview is Sweet?? Because

>It is a lengthy interview and Roger is very articulate
Roger articulate??
>On the future of The Who:
Awe shit, here we go.

>He says that Pete will write or say something one day and contradict it the
>next day, so he takes what Pete says or writes with a grain of salt. He is
>standing by.

Smart man that Roger.

>He explained that he feels that it is a shame
>that Rock is thought of by the general population as a young person's
>game.
Here, here!  The Who have proven otherwise.
>" There are very, very few writers of quality, courage and intellect
>that can put it down into music and keep it rock and roll because the problems
>are just different. And the only guy out there can do it for me is Pete Townshend. "

Wow.  Roger is becoming quite a thinker himself.  What a far way he's come from TKAA movie.

>"The only guy that can actually do it is Pete.... If John Lennon were alive,
>he'd do it"

<sigh>

>"Maybe Springsteen - and I love you Bruce...."
>is one of the only ones as well, but it will be a different way.

Now you've lost me Rog.  But, I see what you're saying.
>Who cares!"
>[ Do I see an album title here? ]

That's always been my choice.

>He was generally encouraged by the song *Good Looking Boy*, I believe
>that's what Pete's song was called. Before John died and they were
>rehearsing some new songs, Pete wanted to run through this with the
>band even though the lyrics where not finished. Roger didn't want to
>sing it because according to him if he does the lyrics one way they
>get fixed in his head and he can't change them to the corrected ones.
>So Pete sang it on this occasion [Remember Ox was still alive at this point].

<BIG sigh>
> He did not want to go
>into the whys and wherefores about why a Pete vocal is very different
>than a Roger vocal [ I could tell him ].

We all know.  The difference between the thinker and the do'er.  The diplomat and the fighter.  Thought vs. emotion.  What a great mix and band The Who is/was.

>He said that Pete and him are very close now and have been since the
>Quadrophenia tour.

<sniff>  This is always good to hear.

>Sorry about the poor excuse for a transcription. I hope you can get some
>enjoyment from it.

It was perfect.  Thanks Joe.  Tons of good information.

Kevin in VT