Re: Who influenced who(m)

>I'll tell you what country The Who really influenced a lot of bands in - Sweden.

I'd heard that. Too bad the only band from Sweden I know of is Abba, who AFAIK was NOT influenced by The Who...

> Of course, that's what I was referring to.  You're confusing the issue.

No, it's all about the overall sound of The Who and not the nitpicky details about who actually played what. At least, that's the was *I* see their influence.

> either.  Can you?  Who plays like Pete?  Solos *and* rhythm.

Paul Weller springs to mind. That was too easy.

No way, man.  The Crickets rock out on quite a few songs.

They're OK. Two "classic" R&R songs, That'll Be The Day and Not Fade Away (bigger by The Stones, really). The Everlys had four: Cathy's Clown, Bye Bye Love and Wake Up Little Susie. All I Have To Do Is Dream.

> Well, I believe he's on that Who video I sent you playing live with Georgie Fame in 1966.

Uh, sorry...I've only watched the Who part. It's hard to watch a French TV show when you don't speak French.

You're right.  My mistake.  "Black Dog?"  ;-)

Based on Blues songs, although I don't know of any specific. I guess you could say they wrote that one.

Get this:  We did "Someone's Coming."  I swear to God.  Not any more, though.

As Yoda would say: "Influenced by The Who, you are."

> I dug it while it was playing.  Good to know Kurt was into Bowie.

Kevin:

Ah, I was talking about Summertime Blues.

> But generally, we're a bunch of ignorant folk here in this country that tend
to dismiss things that are different from the way we do things.

Yeah...we are NOW. (insert derogatory Bush comment) We seem to be regressing as a country these days, when all we REALLY needed to do was put decent doors on the cockpits. Ah, well, anyway in the late `50's early `60s the US was fascinated with other cultures...Hawaiian, for instance, and who can forget Carmine Maranda and Ricky Ricardo? The Brits were the latest, that's all.

Bring sanity back to Washington -
                       vote Kerry/Edwards in 2004

                                             Cheers             ML