Freud and covers

>From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>
>Subject: New Material From The Who, Lorax or Timber?
>
>Wish you all could have seen my little one's eyes as he looked out the back
>of my Jeff and realized a big fuzzy tree was following us home (tree in
>trailer)!!!

Whoa!  Don't know what (or whom) I was thinking of when I wrote the above.
I meant to write "back of my **Jeep**".
Too funny.
The mind is a terrible thing.....

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Who influenced Who(m); Cover me; PPP
>
>> Not one of my favorite songs.  Actually my wife's least favorite song.
>
>Kevin:
>
>Too bad. I love it.

I dug it while it was playing.  Good to know Kurt was into Bowie.
But, I would have rather heard the original.
So, better than nothing I guess.

>For the record, I am inserting the ">" in this case. My Yahoo account IS
set to include the
>original text but doesn't seem to want to put in the ">" so I guess I'll
have to do it manually.

Welcome to my world.  I've been manually inserting ">'s" for years.
Blech.

>> I'm gonna back off a bit from my original "don't like covers" statement.
>
>Good man! IMHO some of the best versions are covers. Take Hey Joe for an
example...

I may be tainted by the Substitute album, where Bowie is the only strong
contender.

>I think so. After all, it was a good time to be British. James Bond and all
that.

Yeah, twas the season.
But generally, we're a bunch of ignorant folk here in this country that tend
to dismiss things that are different from the way we do things.
Notice how the musicians who get all the press in this country seem to be
Bruce, Bon Jackoff, and Aerosmith?  If it ain't grown in the
US.............it's like it doesn't exist.

Kevin in VT