Re: Who influenced Bowie influenced 80's

> The New Wave music was primarily based on Bowie.

I don't know that New Wave was "primarily" based on Bowie's music.
What about Kraftwerk?  I think *they* were more of a New Wave in-
fluence than Bowie.  And Roxy Music.  What about them, Mark?  ;-)

Bowie, Bowie, Bowie....that's all I hear.  Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

> I guess I needn't mention Gary Numan and The Stranglers

Gary Numan is *very* Bowie-influenced, yes (odd that I like a lot of
Gary Numan yet shun David Bowie).  And as far as the Stranglers go, I
kinda get a heavy Doors vibe from them.

> Hair Metal, on the other hand, was based on Zeppelin. As translated
> through Van Halen first.

Fair statement.

> Yes, these are generalizations before I get clobbered for saying them.

No clobbering needed.  Your generalizations are at least thought-provok-
ing.

> The 90's belonged to The Who. Pearl Jam, STP, Alice In Chains, Sound-
> garden.

Maybe in your mind but not mine.  I don't hear Who in any of those low-
level, crap bands you mentioned.  I hear more Zeppelin in that shit than
Who.  Zeppelin & Sabbath.

A Who influence implies intelligence & higher art.  Rock reaching higher.
There's no "grunge" in Who.  Grunge is just another form of dumb, reac-
tionary, crap metal music.  No Who.  Crap.

None of those bands you mentioned spoke of The Who as a major influence
except for Eddie Vedder of PJ & he waited till the late 90's to start
that ass-kissing.  And he's the only one in the band talking up The Who.
I don't hear any of the other guys praising The Who.  Bollocks, I say.

> > Subject: Japanese girl VS playboy
> So...you guys going to tell me this one was from a virus too?

Yeppers.  You're getting paranoid again.  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron