Re: Positivity in The Who aka if they're going to release live Who...

Does anyone see a contradiction here?  I do.
Where is the positivity in your view of the current Who, Mark?
I see no evidence of any.

Jeff:

If you'd read deeper you would have seen there was no contradiction whatsoever. I said that Townshend's words gave me the urge to go forward, in a positive way. And that now, with this latest move and the others proceeding it since John's death...I am disappointed by the BAND since they no longer seem to promote this. Look, I have no problem with The Who releasing live music for charity, or for their own finanical benefit for that matter...but what they could do (which IMHO would be a LOT more positive) is release some of the 2000 tour shows WITH ENTWISTLE (thus also assuring his family some additional income, as well) or better yet some of the 1971-72 shows we know they taped or 1975 we can be pretty sure they recorded.

I see other ways, in my opinion positive ways, for the band to do something like this, if that's what they are going for. Instead I guarantee the more music they release from the new tours, the less we'll ever see from the Moon period. I mean, think about it. Except for a few songs here and there, most of what's been released from the band w/Moon has been from 1970. Post-Moon live material, on the other hand, abounds. From Who's Last to Blues To The Bush, there's tons of it. More "greatest hits" collections, too. Before they broke up, exactly two (MBBB and Hooligans) and since too many to list, culminating (so far) with Ultimate...which, BTW, is hardly "ultimate" at all.

I'm not going to lie...that would make Jim right, and he's not...so if I don't see anything positive, I'm not going to pretend it's there. See?

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML