RE: A Few Thoughts About The Last Couple Of Months

 ------------------------------
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:17:47 -0400
From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
Subject: Re: A Few Thoughts About The Last Couple Of Months

Thanks for the wonderfully well-written & insightful post, B.W.

As far as The Who being a nostalgia act is concerned - that's hard to argue
against.  *Unless* we're of the mindset that, even though they aren't
playing any new songs, the performances themselves are new, fresh, &
innovative.  The *songs* may be 20 or 30 years old but the *shows* are
definitely "here & now."

 - - SCHRADE in Akron

------------------------------
Thanks for the kind words, Scott.  And thanks to everyone else who was nice
enough to write to me in response to that novella or whatever the heck it
was I wrote.  It was nice to hear from a number of people who I have not
heard from in eons (even a few that I could have waited a few more years
before hearing from them again--oh well--them's da breaks!).

While I have gone away from spending all of my time writing long-winded and
probably boring e-mails, I do enjoy glancing on occasion and see how things
are going in the world of Who fandum.  A relationship through a computer
monitor is a poor excuse for a flesh and blood one.  The last few years of
my marriage, I spent more time hiding from my problems and looking more and
more like the last days of Elvis.  Today, things are much better, happy
pills are a "miracle cure," and having a hot girlfriend is much better than
a battleaxe of a wife!!  Hopefully, you will all keep that in mind, and
avoid turning into turning into the kind of person whose entire life
revolves around a rock band that hasn't released a new album in 20 years.
Not that anyone here is like that or knows anyone like that!

Anyway, nostalgia or no, for those of you who are planning to go to shows in
the next few weeks, I sincerely hope you enjoy yourselves.  Because, like
any true Who fan, I can contradict myself with the best there is, I'll be
going to the show in Vegas and immerse myself in the pool of tired
nostalgia.  (OK, that, and a trip to Coyote Ugly at NY NY!!!  Can't argue
with girls in halter tops pouring shots down your throat!!)  Hopefully, I
will get the opportunity to perhaps meet some of you.  I am particularly
interested in meeting the infamous Bjorn, as I do want to ask if it is true
what they say about where little Dutch boys like him put their finger, and
has he done it?

Regards,

BW Radley
bwradley@earthlink.net

PS to Mr. Hare:  Jason, have you been losing weight?  Saw some recent
pictures of you from MSG and you need to eat or something dude!