Re: Where's Pete

Pete's live solo on DFTWaist @ Anaheim Stadium in 3/76 was
the best I've ever heard him play, live or studio, and, IMO, the
edited or live w/o a net solo on YMBlues from LALeeds is one
of my fav solo's by anyone (however flawed at moments).

The interesting things is, to me, that although Pete is not considered
to be, nor has he ever attempted to be among the so called greats
of British Blues-based Lead Guitar, he enjoys the status of being
among these people, Clapton, Jimi, Pagey, Beck, Peter Green,
Mick Taylor, Robin Trower (forgive if I overlooked any favs)
none-the-less, as a peer and pioneer of lead guitar playing.

Pete's always excelled at lead rhythm guitar, with quite a few
dynamic solos along the way.

I guess it depends on what you read, or who you listen to, but over
37 years, I have continuously heard/read Pete included in the "Best"
category when it comes to lead guitarists of his generation.

I myself wouldn't give you the remnants from yesterday's loo for
*most* of the so called hot shot lead guitarist to emerge over the last
20 + years.

AnEnglishBoy~