Re: Pete with Who exclusively

In a message dated 08/11/2002 1:55:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> certainly wouldn't want to limit Pete to working with just The Who.  He's
> got a number of irons in the fire right now, including the musical
> adaptations of PSYCHODERELICT and QUAD, his new novel, etc.  Plus, I've
> enjoyed his little forays into classical style music.  It's true that The
> Who seems to be the most commercially successful vehicle for his talent,
> but
> unless he continues to feel it's creatively satisfying, then I don't know
> that he will (or should) stick with it exclusively.

Keets, I wasn't implying that Pete should forget his solo projects.  I didn't
even imply it.  My comment was in regard to him NOT working with the Who ever
again.  I mean let's face it, Psycho D and White City, etc are very good, but
don't hold a candle to Tommy and Quad.  Pete's best rock music has come
through the Who, and I think he acknowledges that now, which is one of the
reasons his performances this year have been so inspired.  That's my only
point.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971