Re: where's pete?

In a message dated 8/10/02 2:23:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sroundtable@aol.com writes:

>  People give
> Townshend all sorts of credit for Tommy and Who's Next and how
> revolutionary
> it was, but they forget what an amazing guitarist he is.

This is true.  I even tend to discount his guitar playing at times.  I was
abruptly checked by my brother-in -law, who is a very technical classical
guitar player who makes his living doing it.  He is in his 50's and knows
about this from a career guitar player's perspective.  When I said that Pete
is not the greatest lead guitar player, he said "Stop.  Pete is a GREAT
guitar player.  He is a DEFINATIVE guitar player that no one can copy.  He is
unique.  Just because he has his own style, it does not mean that he is not
great. It means that he IS great.  You try it and see."  I handed my pinball
crown to him.

Pete is my favorite anyway you slice it. It is his playing that gets me.
Maybe it is just my particular taste, but I happen to have good taste!

Jon in Mi.