Re: Who fandom at an ebb ???? Not this fan.

No ebb here either.  Daltrey & Townshend proved to me that they
can still put on a great show.......even without Entwistle.  Of course,
it's not the same.......but trust me.......the "band" still delivers.

A friend of mine asked me to rate the shows.  I gave Boston a 5 or
6 out of 10, Camden an 8 out of 10, & Hershey a 9 out of 10.  My
friend's response was, "You're rating a Who show *without* Ent-
wistle a 9 out of 10?!"

This got me to thinking (!).  I guess I'm separating Entwistle completely
from these shows (duh).  I mean, it's not like he was there & played
poorly!  These shows must be judged properly & fairly.

If you get-off on Daltrey's power.......you won't be disappointed.  If
you get-off on Townshend's ability.......you won't feel cheated.  If you
get-off on Zak's pummelling of the drums.......you'll end up satisfied.

Sure we all miss The OX.  But his absence doesn't diminish the skills
of the rest of the band.

My theory -  Townshend is playing like a maniac because, now that
John is gone, the competition between him & Daltrey is that much
more focused.  The "E"-buffer in TED is now gone.  And Pete is sure
as hell not gonna lose out on stage to Daltrey!  Pete's gonna make
damn sure he steals each show.......even more so than in 2000.

Trust me......they still deliver.

Cousin Kevin, thanks for the detailed review of our 3 shows.  You help-
ed cement my memories!

Quick correction - Townshend only fucked up *once* at the beginning
of the Hershey show.  When he first tried to start "Can't Explain" he
either didn't have his guitar turned up or he dropped his pick.  The
*second* time he was playfully mocking himself by pretending to strike
the chord but missing the strings.  Then he told us all to fuck off.  :-)

Quick shout-out to Stu & his better half Lori who were so kind to me
on the trip.  Thanks, guys!

Actually, *everyone* was nice!  Meeting other Who freaks is wonder-
ful.  It's like stimulating group therapy where everyone you talk to
understands your obsession.  They get it.  There may be disagreements
on certain opinions, but the big Who energy bubble encompasses all.
What a great feeling.

If The Who are indeed finished after this tour it'd be fun to still get together
every so often & soak up that Who energy from the fans, if we can't soak
it up from the band.

Plus, if you haven't partied with Magik.....well, you haven't partied.

LONG LIVE THE WHO!!

- SCHRADE in Akron