Re: MSG 8/1 my thoughts

In a message dated 8/4/02 10:51:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brianinatlanta2001@yahoo.com writes:

> So are they the Who? It's a question I try to avoid
> since it smacks of silliness to me. Either the show
> works or it doesn't. Either the songs are well served
> or they're not. Otherwise, to paraphrase the Bard, "a
> Who by any other name would rock as loud." This show
> was more than successful enough for them to continue
> as The Who after these tours if Pete and Roger would
> like to.

Brian,

This is exactly my sentiments.  This was the best review I have read on this
tour- so far- with some very good observations.

I believe that without Zak, they would have been finished, because it was
with the addition of him that they regained their spark in the first place.
He is that important.  He brought Pete back to The Who.  Zak has earned his
place and is taking charge now.  He is not sitting in anymore.  What a find
he was!  Now I am just hoping that I get to hear what he can create in the
studio in this powerhouse band that will not die.

The Who are the ground breakers.   Now they are showing us all what this band
can do after 40 years.  Who else could do this?  What more is there to come?
Who am I to say it shouldn't?  I never would have guessed that it would be
this good, so I am not qualified to say it should stop.  They are The Who.

Jon in Mi.