Re: NY times review

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 13:21:52 EDT, Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 08/04/2002 6:55:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
>TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:
>

>> in which Entwistle's steady,
>> growling basslines were the barricade between Moon's
>> eruptive drumming and Mr. Townshend's hair-trigger
>> guitar. But the rhythm section still pushes both Mr.
>> Townshend and Mr. Daltrey. Songs from "Tommy," which
>> in the late 1960's reflected Mr. Townshend's elevated
>> rock ambitions, were a down-and-dirty blast of hard
>> rock, and all the better for it.
>>

>Decent review, but what is with calling everyone "mister" over and over again
>throughout the article.  Very annoying and repetitious.  The NY Times should
>be publishing better, or someone should have told this writer that the
>technique, for whatever he was going for, didn't work.
>
>mc
>
>"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971

The NY Times *always* does that. Even Saddam Hussein is "Mr. Hussein"
to them.

Leslie

--
R.I.P. John Entwistle (10/9/44 - 6/27/02) We'll never forget

"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org