Re: Who judging standards

I respecfully disagree, Mark. Nearly every review of the shows on this tour
have been very positive

Mc:

It doesn't matter how good they have been, they've always been the best live band from day one. But it was only after Tommy they were (reluctantly) granted this. After Who's Next, almost every review of their current album was negative. Quad, for instance, was trashed.

So I'm going by how The Who have been treated in the past. And what people tell me when they come in my store, "Oh, they went on for the MONEY huh?" followed by a snide look. Explain it to them, and they don't believe it.

have seen 6 of them (probably more than anyone on this list at this point),

I doubt that.

and NONE of the ones I have seen were without the Who fire. Even the

But that's the opinion of a Who fan. Few Who fans are going to trash the band, especially at this point. Realistically, your reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. Yours especially since you'd only seen them once, for four songs, before this tour. For instance, I had a Stones fan tell me: The Who were almost as good as Jagger and Richards at that NYC tribute show." Which a non-partian Rock fan would disagree with.

My reviews might be a lot different than yours. I saw them with Keith Moon. I saw them on the "Who Orchestra" 1989 tour, then two Quad shows a year apart (the first was great, the second amazingly MUCH better), and in 2000 (almost up to the 1975 level). I have good comparisons, from the Who-in-their-prime to their most commercial play-by-numbers show. None of them were even poor...or, were they? Can you trust my Whofan judgement?

          "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
               president, or that we are to stand by the president
                 right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
                    but is morally treasonable to the American public."
                             President Theodore Roosevelt, Republican                                              Cheers             ML