MSG Night 2

Last night was another great gig at the Garden- in my opinion, just a touch
better than the first night.  Night 1 was spectacular, but I think it took
Pete a little bit of time to get into it.  Last night, he was on fire from
the first minute.

The setlist was the same except for a short "I'm One" teaser that Pete did
while waiting for the next song to start.  It was very nice but I was bummed
that after the first verse, the song didn't continue.  It would have been
truly spontaneous for them to go ahead and do a full version of a song that
they hadn't rehearsed for this tour, but it stopped right before Zak would
have come in on the drums.  Oh well.

The crowd was very supportive last night, no bottles were thrown!  They
really dug the show and as far as I could tell, people didn't scramble
during Sea and Sand like they did the night before.

Pete is now talking more about John from the stage.  He introduced the band
and explained how the guys not only had to be strong musicians, but very
strong friends to continue with the tour, and that got a loud cheer of
appreciation from the crowd.

What else?  Oh, before "Another Tricky Day," Pete said something to the
effect that before John died, they had come together to discuss the shape of
the tour and decided they wanted to try some new songs (at this point I got
very excited) that they hadn't played in years (at this point I stopped
getting excited).  For a minute I thought we were going to hear something
new, but no luck.

I had a great drunk guy next to me last night (no, not <insert your favorite
lister here>).  Before each song, he would shout out the name of the song he
thought they were going to play next, followed with a look at me, a shout:
"Did I call it?" and an extend of his hand for a high-five.  I dealt with it
for a while and it got annoying a few times.  Relay started and he screamed
"YEAH!  QUADROPHENIA!!!"  Sea and Sand started and he shouted "YEAH!!!
BEHIND BLUE EYES!!!"  But he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, offered to
buy me a beer, said he saw them with Keith Moon and loved Zak Starkey, and
had tears in his eyes at one point.  So drunk guy or not, I was happy he was
nearby.

As always, the highlight of the evening was really sharing in the music and
fun with people from these lists.  I have plenty of pictures to humiliate
everyone.

Anyway, more later, most likely.  :-)

Jason