Re: John & cocaine & educating Jamie

In a message dated 7/30/2002 6:26:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> Now, having heard the reason for John's death and knowing it was completely
> senseless and avoidable, I have found myself drifting away from my Who
> fandom. It may be temporary, it may not...I don't know

Ya know, I wanted to feel this same way.  But, if someone dies from lung
cancer from smoking or an alcoholic dies from an alcohol related illness,
does that make all that they have accomplished in their life irrelevent or
less than it was when they were alive?  I believe that it doesn't matter to
me what caused John's life to end.........it doesn't make his music or his
art or his relationships any less legitimate.

Just my two cents........

Johanna