A Quadrophenic Essay (was "Quadrophenia and pete)

	>Subject: A Quadrophenic Essay (was "Quadrophenia and pete)
	>From: AnEnglishBoy
>Mr. Townshend, the master craftsman of the "concept album,"
>surpassed even his own prior accomplishments with "Tommy,"
>the first so-called "Rock Opera," with "Quadrophenia" and it's
>concept, delivery, complexities, and execution that still stand today
>as Rock Music's finest moment.
>
>Lew Campbell ~ "AnEnglishBoy!"

*That* was an impressive read Mr. AnEnglishBoy! .
It's funny (perhaps not), but the more true hard-core Who fans that I talk
to, the more I find there is a unifying "note" that runs through us all, and
it seems to tie us all right back to Quad...ahem...Quadrophenia.
It seems to this subscriber that each of us in one way or another, and to
varying degrees, have traveled Jimmy's journey.  We've each felt the pain,
and immediately were mesmerized and filled with wonder that there was a band
that had the BALLS to come out and lay it's soul right there in front of us
all, for everyone to view and judge.
Mix that, with the undeniable musical supremacy of Quadrophenia, and you
have a prescription for the grandest message music has seen.......ever.

Long live The Who, and long live Quadrophenia.

Kevin in VT