Re: Quadrophenia and pete

In a message dated 4/28/02 11:33:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sroundtable@aol.com writes:

> Pete's voice, guitar, piano, synth, and of course, the concept itself is
> beyond description.  I can't get tired of quad no matter how much i play
> it.
> Pete Townshend, IMHO, is the most talented rock musician of all time.  No
> other artist has the full package of skill (piano, guitar, bass, synth,
> banjo, and prob any other instrument), vocal ability- downright beautiful,
> and songwriting/musical arrangement.  Quad is my evidence.
>
> Any thoughts??

I definately agree.  Quadrophenia is the best album ever recorded.  It amazes
everyone that gives it a proper listen.  Alot of music sounds good right off
the bat, especially with the fantastic recording technology of today, but my
guage of a *great* album is how I like it after hearing it for the ten
thousandth time.  Quad is even better than when I first heard it. The music
matches the words and the words match my experience. This to me is what makes
Pete the all time great.

Jon in Mi.