So who is over-rating Pete?

In a message dated 04/24/2002 12:13:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Most over-rated
>
> 1. Eric Clapton
> 2. Mark Knopfler
> 3. Hank Marvin
> 4. Keith Richards
> 5. Pete Townshend
> 6. The Edge
> 7. Carlos Santana
> 8. Brian May
> 9. Noel Gallagher
> 10. Ronnie Wood

I've always found Pete to be very under-rated as a guitarist.  When the
average rock fan is asked who the greatest guitarists of all time are, Pete
is almost never mentioned.  It's always Hendrix, Clapton, Page, Van Halen,
etc.  As proof, Pete didn't make this magazines top 10, yet others say he is
over-rated.  Which is it?  How can someone who doesn't make the top 10 get
"over"-rated?  It's a stupid poll.  If you asked professional musicians the
same question and published those results, then I might put some stock in it.

mc

"Can't we all just get along?"       -Rodney King