Re: are the who important?

>I don't think there is any question that The Who is important to music,
>historically.  They were pioneers any way you look at it.
>Unless I'm wrong, I think the gist of the question is regarding their
>importance or relevance to today's music scene.  *That's* where the
>question of "what does important mean" comes in.
>Keets, am I reading you and this thread right?

Hmmm.  Important to the current music scene?  Now that's a tough one.  It's
something like "relevant," isn't it?

If you look at it this way, they seem to be of marginal importance.  They're
entrenched in our culture to an extent (and they should be more so), but
it's questionable whether most of the population would correctly identify
the references.  This comes down to the personal level again--whether the
music is heard and strikes a corresponding chord within the individual fan
or not.

keets