Re: are the who important?

	>Subject: Re: are the who important?
	>From: "Neil E. Weissman"
>Importance is personal.  Music and the music of the Who are important to
>me (and you as members of the list) as a fan.
>
>I would say the Who was important in the evolution of rock as a stage show
>and took the idea of a concept album to new levels.  They are more
>important because they touched many people in many ways...and that is
>personal.

I don't think there is any question that The Who is important to music,
historically.  They were pioneers any way you look at it.
Unless I'm wrong, I think the gist of the question is regarding their
importance or relevance to today's music scene.  *That's* where the question
of "what does important mean" comes in.
Keets, am I reading you and this thread right?

Kevin in VT