Re:RES: Keith's Drum sound

The drum sound in "30 years..." video, too.Fantastic
drum sound!

Leandro

> Keets,
>
> I guess you and Leandro are quite right about this
subject, but I also
> think that Moonie just did not care that much for how
his drum kit was
> set or how it sounded on records. I remember my first
time listening to
> "Happy Jack" and thinking "... here's a great drummer
and an horrible
> drum kit". Because if you listen to L@L, for example,
or the live stuff
> in TKAR, you'll notice that the drums really sound
nice.

thewho@igtc.com] Em nome de L.
> Bird
> Enviada em: quinta-feira, 18 de abril de 2002 07:28
> Para: thewho@igtc.com
> Assunto: Re:Keith's Drum sound
>
> I've been thinking Jon Astley favors Pete's guitar,
and mixes everything

> else down in the reissues.  Moon's drums often sound
like pots and pans,

> though.  Seems like that would be something about the
way they were
> recorded.
>
> keets
>

> >IMO, it's not about recording engineers, it's about
> >competition in the band.I think keith's drums was
mixed
> >down on recordings intentionally, if his drums was not
> >mixed down, he would stolen the scene.Other theory
would
> >be Keith's drum kit was very bigger(harder to catch
the
> >sound) than Bonham's kit.
> >
> >Leandro
> >
> > > The other day I was listening to John Bonham's
drums
> >on Led Zeppelin's II album. I was wondering why his
> >drums sounded so good on the recording. Most of the
> >albums that Keith played on had bad sound until almost
> >the very end when he died. What were they doing
> >differently on those Zep albums that The Who's
recording

> ___
> >Quer ter seu prsprio enderego na Internet?
> >Garanta ja o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails
personalizados.

________
> MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your
photos: