Re: mis-represented my observation of Rog's voice

In a message dated 04/17/2002 1:20:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Maybe Roger should be gelded in order to appease
> those in the throes of the mentality that singing,
> and hitting *high notes* is what makes a
> good singer.
>
> I'm sure the Vatican can accommodate, and make
> Roger the Choir Boy some desire.

Hey, if you're trying to read my mind you are failing miserably.  I never
even implied that hitting high notes was what made a good singer.  However, i
don't think there is anything wrong with remarking on roger's singing of a
particular song live.  The note in question from Bargain is tough and I
acknowledged that, and also made the observation that he nailed the hell out
of it on the RAH 2000 video.  I also said that the singing voice is a very
fickle thing and we know no one is perfect, even Who members (Pete may not be
a mere mortal, but he isn't perfect).  I love Rog, think he was and is a
great singer, and don't think he he has to hit lots of high notes to justify
his ability.  But comparisons of the same songs today to when he was younger
are inevitable.  Sorry to get you all worked up.

mc