Re: Politically Incorrect

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:37:44 EDT, GenWalk83@aol.com wrote:

>first of all, I think bill maher is an asshole, plain english. hes a dumbell
>and i'm happy he's gonna be taken off the air.
>second of all, even though i may not like bill maher, i give him credit for
>being a brave man by going on national television and saying totally the
>opposite of what the majority of america was feeling after 9/11 and all that.
>i'm not saying I go along with what he said nor am i saying that i'm against
>it, but i feel if america is supposed to be "so free", then bill maher has
>the right to say whatever he feels.
>third of all, shouldn't we expect opinions like those of bill maher's on a
>show called "politically incorrect"? stick to watching dennis miller. he
>seems more cooler ; )
>
>freedom of speech is good... when it's your opinion being expressed.

"Freedom of speech" in the United States is about the government not
censoring contrary or unpopular opinions, and has nothing to do with
whether or not a television network keeps an idiot show on the air.

He has the right to say whatever he wants, but I also have the right
to petition ABC to take his shitty little show off the air for what he
said.

Actually, I'd like to kick his ass for that, but I'm settling for just
petitioning ABC.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org