Re: roger's hair

>I remember thinking then that he looked kind of....well....don't want to
>say silly, but I was a bit like "dude, that's just not working for you
>anymore". I did like his do for the Quad tours.  Kind of a compromise.

I think Celebration WAS something like a nostalgia tour, different as it
was, and Roger knew all the time that the hair and costume were out of step
with the times.  It was like appearing in character to do the old songs, and
then immediately afterward he cut his hair and went to the plain shirt and
jeans.

The thing is, Roger didn't have any idea that the QUAD tour was coming
along.  For all he knew, The Who was forever over and done with, and he'd
even had a fight with Pete over resurrecting the Celebration shows.  I
really think he meant to retire from singing and work on his acting career
after that.  But like Kathy M. says, Pete is contrary.  The very fact that
Roger wanted to give up singing and work on his acting may have gotten Pete
in gear to do QUAD.

;)
keets