Re: Subject: Re: I got in Pete's LIFEHOUSE DVD yesterday (was Big Country etc.)

Tim@aol.com wrote wresponsively to AEB's post:

> 100% right.
>
> The atmosphere was great IMHO but very unlike a Who performance.

THAT is EXACTLY what I liked about it.

Tho' I LOVE TheWho->, one of the things that stopped me
from attending LARGE scale concerts by BIG name bands
was my experience at Anaheim Stadium in March '76. The
crowd was stoned, drunked up off their asses, and borderline
violent, and knives were flashing in the crowd near my group
of friends that very day.

I don't wanna be around overly aggressive basketball and wrestling
coaches who get drunked up and like to be punched in the face.

Of anything I have personally witnessed since Nov. 23rd 1973,
by TheWho-> or its members

(not forgetting that Anaheim '76
was the BEST I ever heard Petey play. He was so pissed at the
crowd and their behaviour, that he stood nearly still and played his
ass off angrily, the best moment on "Dreamin' From The Waist"),

or should have attended but did not, the live performance of music
from "Lifehouse" is the most precious to me.

> I think the
> audience was VERY excited but under control.

Agreed.

> Pete seemed genuinely excited about the event (totally the reverse of his
> attitude at RAH this February) but very tense about things going well.  There
> were mis-starts on WGFA (or was it BOR) that he blamed on Rabbit and then
> realized it was his screwup and apologized and then justified with the
> stress.

I remember Pete stopping Magic Bus a couple min. into it at
TheHollyWoodBowl on 8/14/00, and restarting it. Apparently,
backstage before the encore he blamed Zak, who then reminded
Pete that it was *he* who set the tempo. Pete came out and
explained this to the audience, and took the blame himself!!

All the more perfect, memorable and intimate, IMNHO.

> But he seemed comfortable as the host and being in charge and Sadler's Wells
> was a great location.  MUCH more intimate than RAH.

However, I'd like just one chance to count the holes it takes
to fill the Albert Hall! ;-)

Were you there at Sadler's Wells, Tim??

AnEnglishBoy~