join together

In a message dated 04/04/2002 3:56:10 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > Join Together,
>
> Uh-oh.  Not one of my favorites.  I can see 'em dragging this one out to
> about
> 10 minutes.  You know, I think my favorite version of this song is the PT
> demo
> version 'cause it gets kinda creepy towards the end.  The casual fans will
> be able
> to sing along.

I actually love JT- is in my top 10.  However, I can definitely see them
dragging it out to 10 minutes and would not be in favor of that.  I like JT
so much because it has such an unconventional sound.  It can't really be
compared to any other Who tune.  Magic Bus is a bit like that (studio
version), at least for me.  Love the studio MB, largely for that reason.  I
put Relay in that category, also.  These all would be in my top 10, and they
exemplify one of the reasons I am so into the Who... the unique and
unpredictable nature of what Pete did with the music.  I think the Who
probably has more songs that people really like, but never knew that the Who
sung them.  I always hear, "Oh, turn it up, I love this song!... This is the
Who?  I never knew that."

mc