Now I'm a Farmer

Just in case you're wondering what Roger is up to on his farm these days, I
found this in the Daily Telegraph this morning:-

DALTREY'S WORMS TURN RUBBISH INTO GROWBAGS
'Roger Daltrey - actor, trout farmer and lead singer of the Who - is on a
mission to solve the world's waste-disposal problems.  He is searching for a
way to turn rubbish into health-giving worm poo.

So like an eco-friendly Bond villain, he has opened a laboratory on his 400
acre farm in East Sussex, to act as a giant wriggly stud-farm at the cutting
edge of vermiculture.

"It's early days yet, but worms could be the answer to all our problems", he
told me backstage at the launch of The Who: Live at the Royal Albert Hall,
produced in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust on Monday.

"I want to find a way of breeding millions of tons of them at once, so
that - in the future - each town can have its very own waste disposal unit
where worms will break down household rubbish.  The method is completely
green, and the bonus is that you get all this wonderful worm cast as the
finished product.  And that is basically what they fill growbags with."'

from Christine