Re: our options

>There are over 1 Billion Muslims in the world.  The vast majority are fine
>people that obey the teachings of the Koran as most Jews obey their laws
>and most Christians obey the Bible.  But, even 5 per cent of them (for sake
>of argument - I have no idea what the ratio would be and I doubt that
>anyone else does either) might be fundamentalists ready to die for Allah by
>taking down the infidels.  That's 50 Million possible soldiers for a Holy
>War.

Anybody feel like this is the "New Crusade?"  Likely to end like the old
Crusade?

>I truly hope and pray I am wrong - but my gut feeling tells me otherwise.
>I think it all hinges on our military response and how much more they are
>going to strike back against us.

Maybe Tony Blair has better sense.  He's dragging his feet today, insisting
on proof of who was responsible for the attack.  A complete lack of allies
might defuse the Bush administration--though it would take a heck of a
diplomat to smooth over the Jihad thing.

BTW, I'm on a couple of lists with younger people, plus I watched a bunch of
them talk on MTV and MSNBC last week.  You're right this is a different
generation--they've been raised to respect minority viewpoints, for one
thing--plus a lot of them are Muslim or Buddhist or Hindu.  They might not
be so easily influenced by "orchestration" as older WASP generations were.

keets