Re: Bush's agenda

>  My comments are not to say that the Bush administration is responsible
>for the attacks, only that they have taken quick advantage of them to
>advance their own agenda. >>
>
>All he has advanced since Tuesday is to find and destroy these people and
>to seek the funds to repair the damage and fund whatever strikes we make.

As I understand it, the EPA Superfund will pay for the removal of debris
because they've confirmed the presence of asbestos.  Has Bush promised to
pay for reconstruction of some kind?  Recompense for the owners?  (Hate to
be the insurance company on this one.)

>If this is a bad thing for the government to do,  what would you have them
>do?

The basic idea is correct, and it is the proper function of government.
However, the way the administration is going about it is questionable.  Bush
seems to be talking about an open-ended conflict which could extend over a
number of years, rather than a few strikes.  This has serious implications.

keets