Re: Blues for Bush bullshit

From: Steve <seeker@elkvalley.net>
"Oh good - violence will lead to the end of hatred for the USA as a symbol.
Violence will prevent another attack. Yes - finding and dealing with the
terrorists (I know what this implies, and yes - a legal death penalty will
maybe succeed here) must be done. But to suggest (indirectly even) that we
support the wholesale murder of many innoncent people is scarey - those who
survive will only feel as you do - it will be time for them to seek vengence
on the conspiracy of murderers (the US Government, and its people). A cycle
of violence is reinforced."

I agree that it is scary.  We are all trying to wrap our brains around the
fear of what comes next.  There is no context in my experience, but I think
I understand your position.  It is clear that this will happen.  I think
that Kevin Mc's (Sroundtable) scenario for the what comes next is quite
plausible.  I am probably rationalizing, but at this point we each have to
make our individual peace with the violence that has and will occur and our
part in it.

Much of this talk about what makes America (and our western allies) a force
to be reckoned with misses the point of our real strength - IMHO.  Our
strengh is that we are rich and have lots of hardware.  We are going to use
it.  We can wring our hands all we want, but we are going to follow through
on this.

Jeff