Re: apology

>This is so huge that it is very hard to believe that it actually did
>happen.  My guts ache for the victims and their loved ones.
>I am praying for them as well as for  this to be used as an opportunity for
>us in this prosperous country to check our own hearts.
>
>To murder innocent and unarmed civilians without any warning...  What
>cowards.
>
>They are a bit like little naughty children throwing rocks at a chained-up
>dog.  Now the chain just broke.

It's also an opportunity for Americans to recall that international politics
is real, and that events outside the US CAN reach inside our borders to
affect the lives of American people.  Since  the USSR gave up the
opposition, there's nothing to really hold the US in check, and the creeping
tendency to neglect the rights of American citizens has certainly developed
as well in international relations.

Years ago, the Cold War kept the country on guard, but like some guy said on
one of the channels, our security system was put in place in 1948.  If
American politicians are going to mess with radical nationalist groups, then
they'd better cover their butts (and their borders) just a little better.

keets