Re: support from other nations

> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:46:59 +0100
> From: John Hughes <john@pureneasy.fsnet.co.uk>
> Subject: Re:
>
> I doubt America will let this rest; I am certain the people of Britain
> will be 100% behind them. I know that for what little it's worth, I will
> continue to be proud of the friends I believe I have made in America via
> this extraordinary medium.
>
> John

Thanks for the post. The only way for a true message to be sent to the
entire globe that terrorism won't be tolerated will be with the support of
other nations. America's retaliation on it's own would only be justification
for future attacks on Americans by other fanatics. This support will be
particularly important when it comes to dealing with nations who have
harbored individuals associated with these terrorist acts or who have been
indirectly involved in the attacks. The pressure created by many nations
united together should hopefully create more compliance with inquiries that
are made and reduce the amount of fallout against innocent people. Also, in
my mind, the direct support of other nations is important since we can avoid
any United Nations meetings which accomplish nothing since it is essentially
a "politically correct, let's talk and do nothing" organization.

Vince