Settling this who vs beatles argument once and for all

OK- since I started all this a couple of weeks ago due to an ignorant comment
a beatles fan made to me about the who (a good friend of mine, too- which
hurt), i'm going to settle this argument once and for all, point by point.

1. just because the beatles were a little older and came first does should
not be an automatic advantage for them- it was merely circumstance.  first
rarely translates into best.

2. musical ability: PT- no one before or since has been better (maybe as
good, but not better) on lead guitar... adv, Who.  Roger, Pete, and John
vocally vs Paul, John, and George-- no Beatle had the vocal range and
versatility of Daltrey and together the Who could sing sweet and angry
equally well... adv, Who.  Ox vs George-- John was vocally very competeant in
addition to being as good a bass player as anyone ever, plus his addition of
horns to Who efforts- george was good but... adv still to the Who (george was
better post-beatles, maybe, but that's not the issue). Drums-- no need to
comment here... adv- Who.  songwriting- I prefer Pete's wild style and
innovative concepts, but the Beatles did have 2 of the greatest ever in Paul
and John, so... adv, Beatles.

3. longevity: The Who remained a relevant force with new music from 1965
through 1982.  Beatles done by end of the 60s.  Granted the post-Keith LPs
weren't as good as previous who work, but how could it be minus the greatest
rock drummer ever (sorry, Bonham).  Eminence Front and You Better You Bet
were both hits, and Who Are You(1978) is absolutely FANTASTIC stuff- we all
know it.

4. popularity- arguable due to the Who's sound being used still today, but
the Beatles can't be denied their sensational popularity in their day... adv-
Beatles

5. volume- by this i mean who was more prolific.  no question here, tho i
prefer quality and innovation over quantity (not that the beatles weren't
innovative in their own way).  adv- Beatles

6. LIVE- nuff said... adv- Who

here's the tally: Who- 6, Beatles- 3.  There u have it.  Now let's move on
and get ready for the new, earth-shattering album our boys are working on.
.