RE: Who patriotism

> This makes no more sense than buying all their T-shirts, posters,
>  tribute
> albums, going to every show, buying Pete's charity SG's, etc.  If the
> product is worth it to me and I have the cash, I will buy it.

I thought I might repost something I wrote on alt.music.who:

Approach every purchase with a "is it worth it to me"
attitude. If it isn't, skip it and don't feel you're any less of a fan
because you think it's a ripoff.

I didn't buy BLUES TO THE BUSH and I was at one of the shows from
which a lot of it was pulled. It was fun to be there but I heard
enough to know it wasn't going to be good enough to sit down and
listen to over and over so I didn't get it.

Same with the Denver download. A much better show from what I heard
and it probably would have been worth buying on CD but at that price
for a 128kbs joint stereo mp3, it didn't seem worth it and I didn't
get it either.

It's nice when The Who come out with something good or do a live show
that I can afford to see and I always give them the benefit of the
doubt. But if I don't think it's worth the money, I just walk away.
Perhaps in the future they'll do something on which I want to spend my
money, but if they never do again, I've still got a collection of
great records and some great memories.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm