Re: Beatles/Who looked at objectively

At 16:04 4-9-01 -0400, Drew wrote:
>You do realizer your entire "objective" look at the Beatle and Who is
>colored by your Who fanaticism and obvious dislike of The BEatles.  Two
>different bands, two VERY IMPORTANT bands.  No way around it.  ANd I've
>said it before and I'll say it again, as much of a HUGE Who fan I am, if
>there were never The Beatles, there'd never have been a Who.

Who knows... If there never were The Beatles, there'd never be Britney
Spears. Music evolves. Gives ideas, and people who want to do better. There
are always roots connected to roots. Maybe if there was no Chuck Berry
there would not be the Beatles. Or if there was no Eddie Cochran or Mose
Alisson there's be no Who.
If there was no sound there would not be music.

I loved The Beatles when I was 10. They're one of the few things I outgrew.
:-) You can't objectively look at taste, really.

And no matter if they where important bands or not. I dislike George Bush,
and he's important. I don't like The Beatles, though I know they where
important. But then again, so where Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Mose
Alisson, Mother Theresa, Ghandi, and so on.

But making a statement like if there where never The Beatles, there would
never be a Who is ridiculous (IMO). If The Beatles would never existed, it
would be another pop band to take that place. It could've been The Stones,
Faces, Who or any band. The Beatles had importance in pop music (even
today's), but I doubt they had *that* much influence on The Who. I think
what the Beatles did when they where breaking through was actually kinda
the same as many other bands did. They where just a bit better. :-)
The Who was aiming at a whole other area. More towards The Mods. I'd rather
say that if there where no Mods there would not be The Who (or a WHo as we
know today). Or if there was no audience there would never be [fill in your
own band].

If, if, if, uhmmm... :-)

Cheers,

Bjxrn Ciggaar