Re: [TheWhoMaximumRnB] Re: Roger's voice

L. Bird wrote:

> Roger has a bigger range in style, too.

I concur that as fact.

> It was a change in style, and Pete made it.  John had some serious problems
> in adapting, too, and so Pete left him in favor of other bassists.
> Inconsistent as the material was in those years, I think it produced some of
> The Who's best work.  WHO ARE YOU is one of my favorite albums, and "One
> Life's Enough" is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever heard.  You
> can't say that Roger couldn't handle this material.

I can and do say so.

Moonie was not the only member of the band incapable
of performing some of the material.

I think "Who->AreYou" is the weakest Who-> album whilst
Moonie was alive.

"New Song" and "Who->AreYou" are the ONLY highlights,
IMNeverHumbleOpinion.

> I can imagine Roger singing some of Pete's more recent songs, but Pete has
> wanted to sing them himself.  Several fans have commented that The Who
> should have done PSYCHODERELICT.

TheFUCKING~Who-> should have done LIFEHOUSE
but ROGER/John did not believe!!!!!!!

Roger needs tangible, simple, everyday, mundane subject
matter to interpret, not in depth original thinking.

Roger NEEDS little ditties to survive as a musician, he is
incapable of being a part of THE BIG PICTURE.

Take away his shaven, spa tanned chest and you have
a half-wit Ken Doll.

Roger is what attracts women and non-musicians to TheWho->'s
music.

He is dispensable in the overall scheme of things.

> I dunno.  There's more than one way you can look at this.  For example:
> Townshend was a commercial art student and Daltrey was a sheet metal worker.
> Townshend is a noted songwriter/composer and Daltrey is a noted singer.
> Townshend is rock's greatest intellectual and Daltrey is the genius who
> picked up three gawky, misfit kids and turned them into the world's greatest
> rock band.

Pshaw!

You believe this??

Daltrey had no more part in the archeticture of
crafting TheWho-> into what they became than I did.

>  No, Roger draws the blueprint.  He is the architect that can see
> possibilities, that can feel the magic in music, and shape reality into
> legend.

This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read.

Keets, Keets, Keets!!

Can you not see past your attraction as a woman
to Daltrey and see his short comings as a "WHOLE"
musician?

>  TOMMY is where Roger learned he had that gift.

Roger has a gift or two, little else.

He is not but a follower, and interpreter at best.

AnEnglishBoy~