Re: Roger's voice

L. Bird wrote:

> Yeah, Pete and John both have said The Who change their songs.  So I guess
> you're a big Pete solo fan, right?

Yes, I am VERY fond of Pete's solo work, yet I have never seen him live
as a solo act.

Personally, the last 20+ years or so I believe that Pete's voice has become
like that of an angel, like Clapton's voice has. I would rather hear Pete
sing anything, rather than Roger. I know Roger is the better "traditional"
singer per the standard evaluation of what makes a singer a "good"
singer (voice control, singing from the diaphragm, etc., etc.) but
since 1973's "Quadrophenia" LP, I have preferred Towser to Daltrey.

Daltrey seems to have lost all his powerful mastery, control, and
dominance over the material that TheWho-> performs in the
post "TheWho-> By Numbers" years, live and studio.

I just don't think he knows what he is doing with Townshend's songs
anymore. Daltrey doesn't relate to Pete's material at all anymore, IMO.

Pete is "Rock's" greatest intellectual and Roger is a sheet metal worker.

Pete is a visionary, a creator, a musical genius and Daltrey is a fabricator,
a journeyman "masonry thinker." He knows not where to go without
a blueprint. Daltrey is a follower, not a leader.

Daltrey got left in the wake of "Tommy" and is still struggling against
the current.

#1 ~ Lifehouse Chronicles
#2 ~ Psychoderelict
#3 ~ Who-> Came First
#4 ~ Empty Glass
#5 ~ Lifehouse Live aka "Sadler's Wells"

> Is "English Boy" your favorite song?

No. But I do like it alot.

My favourite Pete compositions?

"Tragedy Revealed" ~ Sadler's Wells
"Sunrise" ~ TheWho->SellOut
"Love Reign O're Me" ~ Quadrophenia
Quadrophenia/TheRock ~ Quadrophenia
"Streets In The City" ~ Rough Mix
"Pure and Easy" ~ Who->'s Next/Who->CameFirst/Lifehouse

Why "AnEnglishBoy" ???

I am a Murray on my English side, a Gibson on my Irish side,
and a Campbell on my Scotish side.

All UK blood.

An English Boy! 100% UK

AnEnglishBoy~

A 20th Century Man (But I Don't Want To Be Here) ~
            ~Raymond Douglas Davies 1971